We’re proud to offer a forest inventory solution that is like no other in the industry. We worked with our partner Lim Geomatics to design the next generation forest inventory solution based on Esri’s ArcGIS Platform. Our foresters have been using this new product on both large and small projects and the time savings and impact to quality of work are resounding.
We built Prism to address challenges with current inventory technologies including:
- The feeling that one has to be a technology expert to use the tools and data.
- A good inventory data is a valued asset, but not when scattered across different software and spreadsheets.
- Too much manual file management takes time, which costs money.
- Old software and hardware is buggy and needs constant fixes and work arounds to function.
Prism addresses these challenges and many more. Prism includes an advanced web app and a mobile application, both which are map-centric. The web app and mobile app work together to support the entire workflow for all types of timber cruises as well as wildlife focused field sampling. Plan your cruise in minutes with the web application, work offline in the woods by navigating to plots and tallying trees then connect to wireless or cell network to sync data and immediately report the cruise – all without ever handling a single data file. Whether you’re a contract cruiser trying to maximize production and meet data quality requirements, or an analyst managing field crews, Prism will save you time and improve the entire process of acquiring inventory data.
- Support large cruises without handling a single file.
- Use your stand shapefile to setup a cruise in minutes.
- Offline aerial imagery and tree tallying(editing).
- Imagery around cruise stands is downloaded in background.
- Functional on all major consumer tablet hardware (Windows, Apple and Android) and even some phones.
- Single sign on (SSO) for secure access with single login for both mobile web and mobile applications.
- The only forest inventory solution which can meet exacting Information Technology (IT) standards.
- Cruise data is real-time accessible across Esri’s ArcGIS platform: ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, Collector, Operations Dashboard or Explorer.
- Thoughtfully designed interfaces for high usability and ease of training.
- Configure any type of tree or plot data fields and valid values in the web app, and mobile app switches data entry when walking from plot to plot without any user action, e.g. survival check tally in one stand, pre-sale cruise in the next.
- Configurable error checking for data quality controls.
- Updates and enhancements pushed out regularly through app stores (Windows, Apple and Android).
- Fully supported by SFC and Lim Geomatics.
- Low risk and economical yearly subscription model reduces up front costs compared to legacy technologies.
Prism Update: February 2020
More videos of Prism can be viewed on our YouTube Channel here.
Screen Captures from Prism and other ArcGIS Apps using Prism Data: