Welcome! Prism is the latest forest technology for automating forest inventory to save time and simplify the capture of vital forest asset information.
The world has changed, has your inventory technology kept pace?
- Unsure how your inventory software came up with its tons? You’re not alone, many foresters feel their inventory software is a black box.
- Some foresters are “tweaking” inventory results by changing form class or wood density, creating risk and low confidence in cruise workups.
- Foresters purchased inventory software only to end up using a fraction of its features, or going back to tally cards and spreadsheets.
- Hard to use technology with file imports, exports and complex workflows costs precious time and introduces the potential for error.
- Most foresters need their inventory tools tuned to their local markets which is difficult to accomplish with legacy software.
- Read below and see how one land owner on Prism cruises within 2% (from -17%) of cut out while simplifying their inventory business process.
Prism web application for cruise setup and a mobile app for offline data collection.
Getting Inventory Right is More than the Tech
Inventory Experience + Great Technology is the Key
- Our team conducts large inventories and knows wood products markets. We’ll apply our lessons learned and know of markets to improve your inventory program.
- We help you to choose the right equations, top sizes and specifications to fit your markets and to make your cruises tight.
- We inventory data and maps for use outside Prism such as in Esri’s field maps.
- We’ll help you test your inventory numbers (such as with a cut out comparison) to find ways to improve accuracy.
- If you use Esri’s Enterprise, we’ll configure Prism to use your authoritative stands for sampling.
- We’ll provide hands on training.
Tackling Inventory Challenges Head on:
Prism is engineered so professional foresters can get out of the tedium of data, file and software management.
- We looked across the available forest technology and saw that much of it was from the 1990s. While older technologies are often initially economical, they are increasingly expensive, risky and tedious to operate.
- In a world where technology is evolving at a rapid pace, businesses needs assurances that technology investments will give results and continue to operate without disruption as the tech world continues to advance.
Since the iPhone came out in 2007, the expectations for mobility and ease of use have changed dramatically.
- Yesterdays tech won’t meet today’s information demands. Today it is imperative that your software be engineered to be easy to use, always working and updated without disruption.
The Prism Mobile Application.
How does Prism Work?
Prism supports the forestry and environmental field sampling business process from end to end.
- Prism is a web app for setup of cruises (species, volume methods, plots) and a mobile app for data collection.
- Prism enables inventory workflows and data within all commonly used web browsers.
- The Prism mobile app runs on all modern smart devices (iOS, Android, Windows 10).
- The Prism mobile app allows data collection and imagery offline. Once a cruise job is loaded to the device in a connected state, one can then work disconnected in remote areas.
- Working is easier, there are no plot ids to enter, no “templates” to switch when going from one sample type to another.
- Prism data is open to see, use and edit via Esri tools like ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro (preferred), Collector, Operations Dashboard and Explorer.
- Prism is map based and cruise data is integrated with spatial data such as stands and plots. No need to reenter stand data for a plot, plots are related back to the stand they are in.
- See Prism in action and learn more with the resources linked below:
Advantages for Businesses and Agencies.
- Simple and fast – automation means ZERO data or file management, whether there are 2 or 50 people collecting data.
- Depth of data governance and standards across architecture components and data assets.
- Save time and eliminate bottlenecks across the entire inventory business process: trade emailing and the inability to see project status without manual processes FOR a real time operational view of project level KPMS down to each data element including when who updated it.
- Automated workloads reduce error, speed up critical operations and eliminate double entry and file handling typical of legacy technologies.
- Key components are maintained in global computing platforms to be up to date, operate disruption and function for the long term.
- Minimal dependencies on local hardware like PCs allows for easier updates, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Real time visibility of work for everyone means less logistics and more field work/plots.
- Error prevention and warnings means less bad data, and less time fixing data after being in the field.
- Regularly updated and enhanced with no disruptions to users.
- Cross platform – runs on iOS, Android and Windows 10 devices.
- Support field projects off all types, from environmental, field checks, soil sampling to all types of forestry work.
- No black box. See and understand volume methods and reliably get the numbers you expect.
“Prism is great, it’s cutting our time to cruise in half” – H. Sullivan.
Real time monitoring of a large inventory using Esri’s Operations Dashboard.
Forest Inventory on the Ground with Prism:
Prism is component of a forest asset digital strategy.
- Prism is widely used by a sizes of timberland managers (private and government), lumber companies, consultants and timber buyers.
- Prism creates a Single Version of the Truth for inventory to reduce friction points, save time and standardize processes for teams.
- Prism is no a one-trick-pony as functional component in the ArcGIS mapping platform – it works along with tools used by foresters every day including mobile apps, imagery, map production and data management.
- Many Prism customers work with us to execute end to end asset management strategies though Stratus or our Web GIS for Forestry.
- Prism meets exacting IT and security requirements to protect your data investments.
email us at: email@example.com
The following video shows how cruise setup to a volume reporting is automated down to minutes:
If you use Plot Hound and need a replacement:
We’re here to help you make the transition from any existing legacy forest technology!
- Capabilities which exceed those of Plot Hound and are out of the box integrated with the ArcGIS you likely already use today.
- Reduce data silos by having inventory, treatments, stands and tracts in a common environment which can function anywhere work is being done.
- Assurance that Prism will be updated, improved and getting better every day.
- Supported though a help desk with documentation and how to videos.
- Bug and support requests with rapid response times.
- Prism is backed by a full software engineering team to provide you years of worry free operation.
email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
Prism’s web app and mobile app empower the forestry and environmental field sampling industry with comprehensive data and file management solutions. From data collection and organization to deployment, we make your processes a whole lot easier.
Join the many timberland managers, consultants, lumber companies, and timber buyers using Prism to simplify their timber cruising and forest sampling business processes. Whether you’re managing timberland or buying logs, Prism is a timber cruising technology which can make a positive operational impact.
Reach out to us and let’s talk!