The Web GIS for Forestry Solution Helps Meet Today’s Information Demands Through a Single Version of the Truth for Forest Assets.
Forestry Operational Challenges:
- Disparate (‘point solutions’) cannot function as single integrated whole, creating information security risks and cumbersome information workloads.
- Staff don’t use difficult to use systems, causing vital data on assets from being entered and reported.
- Maintaining and operating older legacy systems impacts other duties.
- Disparate technologies which share no common architectural making them hard to integrate and manage.
- Point solutions from different vendors for inventory, forest management or land records increases the attack surface area for hackers to target.
The Digital Age is Here, are You Prepared?
- Are you handing the same information multiple times in different systems and need a better way?
- Is your business experiencing increasing demand for information?
- Is it taking too long to get answers and generate information based deliverables?
- Is there a feeling that important work is slipping through the cracks?
- Does your organization have technical staff near retirement with no one to replace them?
- Is there a need to do more without having to hire?
Don’t Know Where to Start, Reach out!
Give your Operations an Edge:
A Single Version of the Truth for Forest Assets.
Web GIS Solution in Plain Language:
Why is the Web GIS solution different from competing products?
- Automated workloads reduce error, speed up critical operations and eliminate double entry and file handling typical of legacy technologies.
- All components are maintained in global computing platforms to be up to date, operate disruption and function for the long term.
- Minimal dependencies on local hardware like PCs allows for easier updates, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Depth of data governance and standards across architecture components and data assets.
- Rather than one way in and out for data, here one version of your data is open to all device types, the web and desktop.
- On a per acre basis more economical than custom software and other solutions on the market.
- Rather than a one size fits all application, configure your own apps, maps and reports around a Single Version of the Truth.
- Tract documents such as deeds searchable by tract names and in web apps.
- Access to up to date maps and land data by non-GIS users.
- Streamline county tax payment processes.
- Isolate mistakes tax bill to save tax expenses.
Friction-free Information Delivery for Everyone:
- Eliminate handling the same information in multiple systems.
- Science-based inventory methods which are defensible, repeatable and centrally managed.
- Reduction of lost time from one up to date version of tracts, stands, inventory and treatments accessible from wherever work is being done.
- More consistent, defensible answers to operational questions which come up every day.
- Automatted answers for each level of the organization without having to wait for an analyst.
High Performance Inventory with Prism Integration:
- Simplify and eliminate the need to shuffle around shapefiles between systems. Prism creates cruise grids in up to date stands in the Web GIS: recently planted (survival cruise), thinned (post thin cruise) or on deck for a harvest (pre-sale cruise).
- More accurate timber estimations by implementing improvements from field methods to equations.
- A single source for inventory program methods: cruise types, data collection methods and product specifications.
- Flexibility to support all cruise types on owned assets, stumpage, or acquisitions from a single solution.
Web GIS for Forestry Data Sheet