To help organizations meet growing demands for information with short staffing levels we offer Inventory as a Service. This end to end service shifts the burden of forest sampling and supporting technology off your organization to an expert team specialized in inventory systems.
Common Forest Inventory Challenges:
Here’s what we’re hearing from timberland owners:
- We’re not confident our inventory is accurate.
- Inventory seems like a black box which outputs numbers which are difficult to explain.
- Our inventory isn’t providing us the advantages we’d hoped for.
- We feel like we’re spending too much and getting too little.
- Our annual inventory updates are taking up too much staff resources.
- Our inventory data and systems and methods are not standard across our operations.
- Our inventory is in separate files and systems from our GIS and maps making it hard to use and integrate.
A good Inventory is vital to decision making:
- As the primary source of forest information, a good inventory is vital. When your inventory numbers are on one employee’s machine or in spreadsheets, are you able to fully leverage this information asset you’ve invested heavily in?
- Want an instant report of next year’s harvest candidates? This is doable today, but most organizations just aren’t there. Inventory is often an opaque, scattered mess of spreadsheets and Access databases.
- Is the 2 month lag between data gets collected and when it shows up in an internal reports making you chew your nails off? Feel like your data should have quality control closer to when it collected instead of later during planning?
- Is your inventory falling behind because it’s too difficult to keep up with?
- Unsure if you’re inventory methods follow standards which will stand up to scrutiny?
- Yesterday’s file and email based approaches for keeping field and office teams on the same page fall short of current business needs, causing excess costs and delays.
We use Prism as the backbone of a modern, real time inventory system.
There's a better way:
Inventory doesn’t have to be hard.
- Would you rather be sent a spreadsheet of inventory, or have it feed daily and directly into your forest asset infrastructure?
- As valuable and costly to obtain information, forest inventories need to be carefully managed and protected like an asset.
- We help dozens of organizations operate inventory systems including the technology back end, management of the field staff and data quality process.
- We modernize inventory systems using some of the following approaches:
- Document methods.
- Standardization of data collection and volume computation.
- Automation of the inventory process to eliminate manual processes and file management common to legacy systems.
- Automation of reporting so that data is available in real time.
- Integrate inventory processes and updates so that they are driven by harvest and silviculture activities.
- Management of field and desktop data quality auditing.
- Implement change management processes.
- Role appropriate access to real time inventory for other stakeholders through apps and dashboards.
- Automated production tracking and accounting for contractor payment processing.
Real time inventory dashboard.